Malaysia – Head of Operations/COO
RM25,000 - RM30,000
December 13, 2018
HEAD OF OPERATIONS / COO
Reports To: Country Head/Board of Directors
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Hours of Work: 9:00am to 6:00pm
We are hiring a Head of Operations for a new encryption currency exchange in Malaysia. We are a team of 200+ blockchain developers, researchers, marketers and strategic planners in Vietnam who engage with partners in over 9 countries (Vietnam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore, Myanmar, China, Taiwan).
Infinity Blockchain Ventures (IBV) is a consulting and R&D agency dedicated to enlightening and paving the way for clients towards business success in their blockchain journey. Our partner ecosystem spans the globe, and our strengths in solution architecture and execution excellence allow us to deliver the most comprehensive advisory services possible, no matter the scale or complexity.
With the international expansion in blockchain, IBV Group aims to establish an encryption currency exchange that is fully compliant with the regulations aimed at correspondence of securities token.
Key Purpose of Role:
To control and oversee all strategic business aspects for the encryption currency exchange. Responsible for implementing a robust strategy that is aligned with a vision for success, by driving business and exciting partnerships. The ideal candidate will have a business mindset and will be able to see the ‘big picture’ in a variety of settings.
- Responsible for the overall success of the encryption currency exchange within the Malaysia market
- Drive market leading top-line performance through working directly with customers in the market and across the organization
- Ensure the encryption currency exchange offering meets needs of all customers in the region
- Oversee business development team to establish relationships with banking partners
- Identify and drive new business opportunities with Malaysia based financial institutions
- Engage with Marketing team to facilitate customer messaging and communication throughout the market
- Work with Legal and Compliance teams to manage regulatory landscape and ensure compliance with necessary regulations
- Engage with regulators to represent the encryption currency exchange as the key operational leader within the region
- Compulsory – Minimum 2 years in senior management position by a Capital Market Services Licences (CSML) holder carrying in dealing in securities
- Minimum 5 – 10 years relevant working experience in middle management of an institution in the capital market or previously a participant of a recognised exchange
- MSc/MA in business administration or relevant field
- Proven experience in developing profitable strategies and implementing vision
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and performance management principles
- Familiarity with diverse business functions such as marketing, PR, finance, etc
- In-depth knowledge of corporate governance and general management best practices
- Analytical abilities and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrable success and head of a key function with a track record of delivery against key goals and overcoming significant obstacles.
- Knowledge of profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow management and general finance and budgeting
- High proficiency in English
- Familiarity with Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies will be advantageous
- If not a Malaysian citizen, a valid work permit to work in the region preferable
- An entrepreneurial mindset with a strong sense of responsibility and very high level of integrity
- Ability to persuade and challenge management and improve the firm’s operating environment
- Ability to motivate and manage a team
- Proactive approach to all aspects of work
- Able to operate at senior level and command respect of senior stakeholders
- Friendly, transparent, articulate and driven to succeed.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiations skills
- Professional and mature attitude
- Gets the job done
Salary/Benefits: RM25,000 – RM30,000