Thailand – Community and Event Leader
May 21, 2019
Community and Event Leader
Asia Blockchain Review is the largest initiative for media and community building in Asia for blockchain technology.
It aims to connect all blockchain enthusiasts on a regional scale and facilitate the technological foundation of blockchain through a range of group discussions, technical workshops, conferences, and consulting programs. Our goal is to cultivate and encourage a collaborative community for our members to gather, share their experiences and endeavors in the blockchain space, and brainstorm the potential uses of blockchain technology.
We are hiring a Community and Event Leader for our Bangkok-based representative office – a member of a group comprising of 300+ blockchain developers, researchers, marketers and strategic planners with offices spanning over 10 countries in Asia and Europe.
- Lead Community and Event plan; budget and execution by Community and Event; and be responsible for Community and Event.
- Oversee planning, production and execution of events hosted within IBV and other affiliates if necessary.
- Serve as event project manager, responsibilities include, but are not limited to: pre-event consultation and planning, venue selection, agenda development and event flow, event promotion and registration, material and logistics preparation, budget management, related travel arrangements, staffing, event follow-up and reporting, etc.; on-site duties include ensuring proper set-up and signage, registration coordination, AV testing, speaker management, time management, etc.
- Manage event calendar, project timelines, and event budget.
- Build event concept and distribute regular pre-event status reports and post-event report.
- Research, identify and report engagement opportunities of IBV at local and international events (speaker, partner, award application etc.)
- Work closely with marketing, business development and other related divisions to achieve business goals via event marketing.
- Manage social media marketing campaigns and day-to-day activities
- Develop and expand community and/or influencer outreach efforts.
- Analyze key metrics and tweak strategy as needed or directed
- Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design, and strategy.
- Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media campaigns.
- University degree at minimum, from 2 years of relevant work experience in community and event marketing.
- Ability to manage time and juggle multiple priorities to execute high quality deliverables.
- Skilled negotiator with proven experience finding creative ways to do more with less, and a track record of staying on budget.
- Experience working in a fast-paced and highly cross-functional organization.
- Demonstrated success in event management and project management.
- A willingness to travel and ability to work independently and autonomously.
- Superior oral and written communication skills with an innate attention to detail.
- High levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation
- People management abilities, team management, ability to take the initiative and team motivation.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Native English proficiency (Thai preferable)
- Experiences in IT, startup and/or blockchain is an advantage
Working location: SPACES Chamchuri Square – 24F, 319 Phayathai Road , Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330
Opportunities: We offer an attractive working environment with national and international career development opportunities based on performance and skills. We treat each other with mutual respect and trust, sharing information and knowledge through all levels. Opportunities for relocation and career overseas.