Thailand – Business Development Manager
April 3, 2019
We are hiring a Business Development Manager for our Bangkok-based representative office – a member of a group comprising of 300+ blockchain developers, researchers, marketers and strategic planners with offices spanning over 10 countries in Asia and Europe.
Planning and Strategization
- Lead the Business Development directions and strategies corresponding to orientation from the management to deliver business targets
- Think strategically – seeing the bigger picture and setting aims and objectives in order to develop and improve the business
New business opportunities identification
- Identify new business opportunities – including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, products and services starting with the local market (Thailand) with perspective of accommodating international and regional clients
- Generate leads and cold call with prospective customers
- Seek ways of improving the way the business operates and business portfolio
- Be the spokesperson at client-facing opportunities, meetings, events, conferences etc. to leverage contacts and drive business opportunities
- Interact with customers and do analysis to understand the needs of your customers and be able to respond effectively with a plan/proposal and follow up to meet their requirements
- Leverage leads and lead the sales cycle to drive business contracts and close the deals
- Have a thorough understanding of the businesses’ products or services and be able to advise others about them
- Recruit, build and train business development team; arrange external training where appropriate
- Carry out necessary planning, execution plan and tracking for the team in order to implement operational changes and deliver business goals
- Ensure that team staffs are on board properly and understand the need for change and what is required of them
- Liaise with and discuss promotional strategy, content and activities with the marketing department and other relevant divisions or group members
- Liaise with the finance team and admin team as appropriate
- Update the management and the team frequently on performance, market trends and other perspective competitors or threats to the business
- Other tasks as required by line manager
- University degree at minimum, from 3 years of relevant work experience in business development, experiences with working in ICT/ technology consulting or blockchain
- Tenacity and drive to seek new business and meet or exceed targets
- Passion to learn and to grow
- Ability to manage time and juggle multiple priorities to execute high-quality deliverables.
- Skilled negotiator with proven experience in securing deals with clients
- Experience working in a fast-paced and highly cross-functional organization.
- A willingness to travel and ability to work independently and autonomously.
- Superior oral and written communication skills with an innate attention to detail
- Experiences with making initial contact and for on-going communication with customers and business associates
- High levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation
- A professional manner and presentable appearance for meeting customers/clients
- People management abilities, team management, ability to take the initiative and team motivation.
- Outstanding interpersonal and presentation skills
- Native English level, Thai/Japanese proficiency is a plus.
- Experiences in IT, startup and/or blockchain is an advantage
Working location: SPACES Chamchuri Square – 24F, 319 Phayathai Road, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330
Opportunities: We offer an attractive working environment with national and international career development opportunities based on performance and skills. We treat each other with mutual respect and trust, sharing information and knowledge through all levels. Opportunities for relocation and career overseas.